Every child (and adult) knows the comfort that can be found in a glass of cold milk and a plate of Oreos, but can you imagine the amount of comfort if the Oreos were home-made. These Oreos are home-made by Maria at Flour Child who got them from Smitten Kitchen and they look amazing.
This strawberry mascarpone cake combines fresh, in season fruit with tart, creamy mascarpone cream on a sweet, sponge sandwich. It might look complicated, but with instructions from Leela on She Simmers, the cake is a breeze to make.
* Simply choose fruit that is in season at your local market to personalise this beautiful dessert, instructions available on She Simmers
After researching recipes all morning, Angie from Eclectic Recipes made some brown butter caramels that look out of this world. Besides making your house smell like Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, they make a great house warming present.
* The full recipe is available on Eclectic Recipes and can be personalised with the addition of nuts, candied peel or chocolate chips
Paula Kittelson from Blogging Foods has devised a beautifully constructed cross between a chocolate cake and a flan or crème caramel called the Chocoflan. Her recipe was featured on the Betty Crocker Recipes page.
The dessert is Mexican because it is called Dia Y Noche and represents day and night.
* The Chocoflan recipe can be found on Betty Crocker‘s recipes
In case you are looking for an emergency dessert for your Christmas table, I thought I would share with you these mini gingerbread cookie pies from Eclectic Recipes. The inspiration for them is from Pillsbury Gingerbread Cookie Dough and Pillsbury pie crusts that allow you to make both gingerbread cookies and pies really quickly.
* To make the cookie pies all it takes are ingredients and instructions from Eclectic Recipes
Lately s’mores have become very popular, especially now that winter has arrived and we actually need the fires for warmth. We have also seen s’mores in almost every shape and form but we have never seen s’more chocolate truffles.
* Darla has taken the already delicious s’more and fashioned s’more truffles that are topped with crumbled cookies and a mini marshmallow
If you have woken up this Thanksgiving morning with the gut-churning realisation that you have nothing for dessert, you can stop fretting. I found this gorgeous pumpkin cream Oreo cupcakes recipe over on A Healthy Life For Me.
Amy’s recipe is super easy to follow and included her pumpkin cream recipe that can also be used as a pie filling.
* Get Amy’s recipe for Pumpkin Cream Oreo Cupcakes through her website and get started on dessert first
Kristy from Southern in Law has managed to combine bananas, chocolate and gluten-free oats into a chunky granola that doesn’t include any oil or butter. Considering the recipe was a bit of an experiment, I think it turned out very well.
The granola looks crunchy, chocolate coated and delicious and will probable make your house smell like heaven.
* You can get the complete recipe from Kristy’s website, Southern In Law as well as details on where to get gluten free oats on-line
From The Curvy Carrot comes an indulgent cupcake that is strictly adult. These mudslide cupcakes are moist, rich and velvety even, after 2 days in the refrigerator. I don’t know about your house, but in my house these cupcakes wouldn’t have survived 2 days in the fridge.
The Curvy Carrot also shows you how she managed to do the two tone frosting swirl on top. It’s hard to believe how easy it can be done.